Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The long anticpated 1989 album

I declare today, October 27, a national holiday. Today, Taylor Swift finally released her long awaited album following Red, which was released 2 (seemingly long) years ago. I have made a tradition of counting down the days until Taylor's albums are released, starting from Fearless when I was a sophomore in high school. Each album release, I tear open the CDcase (er, now I feverishly refresh iTunes, but same difference) and immediately devour each now song. Her niche has become writing from personal experience, the lyrics being eloquent words from an unfiltered diary, causing girls like me to feel as though she is singing straight to them. Now, a review of my favorite songs on the eagerly-anticipated 1984:

Also, the album art for 1889 + the Insta teasers were perfect! 
1. Wildest Dreams - by far my favorite song on the album. Some have said this is too inspired by Lana Del Ray, but the message and tone of this song just take my away in a way that none of the other do. "Say you'll remember me, standing in a nice dress, starting at the sunset babe. Red lips and rosy cheeks, say you'll remember me even if it's just in your wildest dreams."

2. Blank Space - a favorite of many, this song makes me want to dance and makes me love Taylor even more as she is tongue and cheek about her reputation of dating men and then writing songs about them. I can't pick a favorite lyric from this one, because it is a love song and a break up song and a personal song all in one.

3.Style - I know that this is going to be my go to car singing jam. "Cause you got that James Dean day dream look in your eye and I got that red lip classic thing that you like. And when we go crashing down, we come back every time. Cause we never go out of style, we never go out of style."

Of course, I love pretty much every song on this album, but I'll save the full break down to a late night phone call with my best friend. It is Taylor Swift's world and we are all just living in it. Now, I just have to decide which 1989 tour date I'm going to attend. ;)

2 comments :

  1. I feel like every day I find a new favorite song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, it changes by my mood each day! The power of Taylor Swift... haha.

      Delete