Monday, August 22, 2016

What I've been eating

My go to breakfast the past few weeks has been plain greek yogurt mixed with lots of strawberries and blueberries plus Truvia or honey to taste. The reason this was something special to me was because I went with PLAIN Greek yogurt. When I realized how much sugar was in flavored yogurt, I decided to give plain a shot. Mixing in a packet of Truvia or honey totally transforms the flavor from something bitter and bland to subtle and sweet! I definitely recommend making the switch to plain yogurt if you're trying to cut down on unnecessary sugar.




My go to lunch has been making a simple salad with whatever veggies I have on hand. Most recently it has been cherry tomatoes, avocado, red onion, feta cheese, a dollop of hummus, a splash of lemon juice, a drizzling of olive oil, and finally cracked salt and pepper. I've been really enjoying the texture and flavor hummus gives to salad.





Dinners are all over the place because Chris and I enjoy trying out new recipes together. One easy go to is a flatbread pizza on naan bread. I got this stonefire garlic naan and covered it in olive oil, pizza sauce, cheese, and chicken. Chris does the same thing but on a gluten free pizza crust. We baked them for about 7 minutes on 400 and they were totally delicious!



ANDDD for the junk food. Because honestly, I eat junk way more than I'd like to admit. I like going to fun places and eating and drinking fun things. One treat Chris and I indulge in is the "craft soda" section of our local grocer. It's only $3.99 for a 4 pack, so we usually pick up 4 new sodas each week!







That's all, folks! I hope you enjoyed my current go to meals. Until next time... :)

No comments :

Post a Comment