Thursday, August 4, 2016

Things I loved in JULY

I have to say, July was AWESOME. I took a week long road trip (a post to come on that later), moved to a new apartment, and enjoyed an entire month off of teaching. What more can you ask for?

Truth be told, I love a "favorites" post no matter how stereotypical they may be. When I'm reading them, it gives me a glimpse into someone else's life and helps me to discover new things. Plus, I've been itching to write, and what better way to get back into it than with a favorites post? 

So here it is: Things I've been loving in July!


I've worn it as a cover up at the lake house, a casual top with shorts, and a dressed up top with nice jeans. It is made out of Vineyard Vine's performance material, so it is super cool to wear outside on a hot day but still provides coverage on the arms. Most of all it is just so comfortable. I love the breezy shoulder detail and the color is super flattering. It's just a great staple to have in your closet! *Full disclosure - I bought this during the "Whale of a Sale" so I got an extra 50% off the sale price. 

My mom was kind enough to gift this to me for my birthday and I've been carrying it nonstop. Dooney and Bourke is a brand I've loved since high school for quality leather and cute designs. The pebble leather is durable enough for me to not feel bad taking it out on everyday adventures, and it has an adorable red interior. I keep my phone and a lip gloss in the front pocket for easy access. *Full disclosure - My mom got this on super sale at Macy's and payed significantly less than the full price. Score! 

Lush is awesome. I go to Lush every few months to update my beauty regimen, and every single time I go in they try to sell me on Ultrabland. I know that this stuff is a cult classic, but I've always avoided it thinking that it was too oily or too heavy. It feels thick and greasy to the touch, but on the skin it is light and soothing. The Lush people have assured me that skin is rebalanced by the soothing oils in Ultrabland, and I have finally come to believe them. It takes my makeup off like a breeze and leaves my skin feeling clean without feeling that dreaded "squeaky" clean. 

Truth be told, I really don't know what I'm doing with my eyebrows. I used to use the Gimme Brow gel which I loved, until the friendliest Ulta employee ever suggested this to me. It is a super waxy, yet pigmented pencil that makes filling in your brows easy enough that anyone, including me, can do it. My makeup routine has been paired down to tinted moisturizer, under eye concealer, setting powder, blush, mascara, and this eyebrow pencil. *Thinking about doing a post on my summer makeup routine soon!! :)

How I Met Your Mother

Now that I'm finished binging Gilmore Girls, I needed a new tv show. Despite its popularity in the past few years, I somehow missed the How I Met Your Mother train. Something about the show never struck my appeal, but boy was I wrong. It's intelligent, thought-provoking, endearing, and overall entertaining. If you need something to watch with your morning cereal or during your in-between from after work to dinner - this is your new show. 

Have you tried any of these things? Did you have any extra special favorites of July? Let me know! :) Until next time... 


No comments :

Post a Comment