Friday, June 5, 2015

Five on Friday - 6/5

1. Most recently, a lovely visit to the Columbus Zoo. Consistently rated one of the best zoos in the country, it was a "must do" on my list of places to visit one last time before I move away from Columbus on Monday. My favorite part? Feeding the giraffes! Here is a candid of me not realizing that they had such long tongues! We also enjoyed watching the cheetah run and getting super close to the kangaroos.

2. I picked up a copy of Grace Helbig's book at Barne's and Noble the other day and have had so much fun reading and laughing along with her her life advice. I loved the beginning of each "how to" section where she took time to share stories and show some vulnerability to the reader. She was surprisingly frank about her anxiety, which was nice as I have a bit of anxiety myself. I'm increasingly interested in more creative career fields, so reading about her path to this field was fascinating and inspiring. Definitely worth picking up! 

3. Another place on my must do before I leave was the Whetstone Park of Roses. I love visiting parks just to take a little walk, so Chris obliged my request to gallivant around for an hour or so. Though the roses weren't all blooming yet, it was gorgeous as always and the perfect way to spend an afternoon.

4. Instagram vanity... But not mine! Dearest Chris doesn't have an Instagram himself, but gets a real kick out of his appearances on mine. He tends to gloat when realizing that pictures with him tend to get more likes than ones without him. I posted a picture of him lavaliering me for our 2 year anniversary and it was pretty popular. But seriously, this picture really does give me the chills. Unsuspectingly seeing my closest friends surround Chris and I as he declared my love for me was probably one of the most meaningful moments in my entire life. Plus, Chris looks handsome to all goodness here. I can see why it was popular. ;) Anyways, it gives me a good chuckle to know how giddy Chris gets when he is the one getting the likes on my Instagram. 

5. The music I can't stop listening to? Pop princess power tunes. Seriously. You can follow the playlist here on Spotify or listen below! For some reason my ears have been gravitating to pop songs by female artists that literally sound like bubblegum. Think Meghan Trainor, Fifth Harmony, Little Mix, or Icona Pop kind of songs. I've always love girl groups, but this week these upbeat tunes have helped me to stay excited about my move and not sentimental about leaving. 

Well there we have it! My five on Friday. What a great way to reflect on the week and share some tidbits with others. A big shoutout to A. Liz Adventures for giving me the idea. Head over to her blog to grab the logo and add your 5 on Friday linkup to join in on the fun. Until next time, friends.

3 comments :

  1. 5 on a friday is such a cute idea! I may have to try this!

    love the post heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Your face when feeding the giraffes! I love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That park of roses looks so beautiful!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete