Monday, March 23, 2015

Spring Break on the Carnival Fantasy

The Carnival Fantasy at sea! (Photo from CruiseCritic)
For my last college spring break, I decided to do something a little different and go on a cruise with my boyfriend. I thoroughly enjoyed cruising and would recommend it to just about anyone. However, I am sure that I can't be alone in having some pre-cruise apprehension. Worrying about packing the wrong things, forgetting something, and having no idea what to expect in the middle of the ocean was sort of nerve wracking! It caused me to spend hours of perusing the internet seeing what every website had to say about tips for first time cruisers. What I was looking for, though, was an account from a real person just like me. So if you are going on a cruise or interested at all in cruising, I'm going to write a few posts about my experience and top tips! We sailed with Carnival, a pretty standard cruise line on one of their smallest and oldest ships, the Carnival Fantasy. Since I was a first time cruiser, I didn't mind the age and size. Everything was clean and in working condition so that was all I needed to make me delighted. Our ship's amenities included one main pool, 2 public hot tubs, 2 adults only hot tubs, 2 water slides, a mini golf course, a running track, several bars/lounges, and more. Other ships surely have more on them, but like I said - this was more than enough for me. My stateroom was the cheapest available (interior, no ocean view), but still provided more than enough space and comfort for the time we spent there. The customer service was above and beyond anything I have ever received in a hotel on dry land. Everyone was so accommodating and willing to answer all your questions! In later posts, I will write about what I packed, what I wish I packed, what we did on our ports, and more. Until next time...

No comments :

Post a Comment